-->

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

JETAA 'Anime in the Arvo'

As most people would know (and should know), the earthquake/tsunami disaster in Japan happened recently and in lieu of that the JETAA held a fundraising event called 'Anime in the Arvo' in Federation Square on March 26.

The event called for cosplayer volunteers to go around asking for donations on behalf of the Red Cross, so I jumped at the opportunity. I attended to lend a hand because I have a family friend teaching over there right now, as well as a beloved host family.

I decided to cosplay as Ronald Knox from Kuroshitsuji



I was partnered with the lovely Fair (who makes for a lovely, leggy Alois)
In the back is an elusive Lilly!

Kirby lends a hand

How can you resist Kirby?!

South Korea (Hetalia) lends his brother a hand

An Ookami cosplayer!

Hungry tigers make for hasty donations!

There was a protest that ended up encroaching on our space, so it made for an awkward quarter of an hour until they moved off. Then we picked right up where we left off!

After a screening of Summer Wars (one of my favourite recent anime movies) there was a Taiko performance

After that was a Koto performance
She played a beautiful piece that was a song of gratitude.

*~*~*

I know this isn't fashion related, and only rather loosely cosplay related but I know I'll be forgiven since it was for a great cause. I've known it to be a part of our culture to keep giving in times of disaster, but on this particular afternoon I experienced it first hand: Australians are always generous.

It really lifted my spirits and made me proud to be Australian.
I do encourage everyone to keep donating to the Red Cross to help the Japanese rebuild their lives.

Many thanks to Lainey & eLo for the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment