-->

Friday, April 15, 2011

Starry Eyed

The first step in my graduate collection was experimenting with makeup to create a look reminiscent of Yvaine the Evening Star from Neil Gaiman's 'Stardust'.

One of our subjects required a magazine to be created, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and get one of the looks sorted out! This look was a lot of fun to create and as we shot this in the laneways of Melbourne we left glitter patches wherever we went |D





The makeup list for this is a lengthy one, but good heavens it all came together beautifully in the end!


The dress itself was made last year but I never got around to shooting it. It was originally 'raincloud' themed, but upon further inspection it looked quite star-themed too!
Lilly ever so graciously painted all of the stars for me.
 She used a mixture of eyeshadows and sealing gel to form a 'paint'.

Lastly, my favourite item that day was Urban Decay's Lickable Body Powder.
We glitterfied everything and it was glorious 8D

*~*~*
Many many MANY thanks to Lilly for being my assistant on the day, Fair for being my beautiful model and Sammeh for being my photographer! Be sure to check out her blog entry too!

No comments:

Post a Comment