-->

Monday, February 21, 2011

Welcome!

If you have stumbled upon this blog, then I extend you a warm welcome and hope you enjoy your time! For more information about who I am and what I do, please refer to the pages in the right sidebar.

To kick things off, I'm going to do a little 'Current Inspirations' post that I shall refresh every week. I'll post 10 or so things that currently inspire me!


A 1920's 'Robe de Style' which was an alternative to the drop-waist sheath Flapper dresses of the time. These dresses took their inspiration from the French Rococo era garments such as those Marie Antoinette wore.






The Disney Princesses in era-accurate dresses. It's no surprise I love Princess Tiana's dress. I'm such a sucker for the 20s and 30s!






This. I need a hideaway just like this one, away from everything and nestled safely with all that I could ever want- peace and quiet. And pillows. And lace.






Artwork with a 'Sleeping Beauty' feel to it.






Military. I will always love military inspired fashion. It combines strict, neat tailoring with a flair that isn't gaudy or tacky.







A Steampunk Plague Doctor. What more could you want? This may or may not have anything to do with my brother playing Assassins Creed II.






Elie Saab; Couture show Spring/Summer 2011
'The King of the Red Carpet' as they call him, never fails to make me coo and sigh over his designs. They seem to float and drape and swish with a magical quality so few designers capture.






Christian Dior; Couture show Spring/Summer 2011
The dress from John Galliano's Dior S/S11 collection. This dress is perfection and needs to be seen in motion to be correctly admired.






Valentino; Couture show Spring/Summer 2011
To be honest, the new team at Valentino rarely impress me with a whole collection. This was no different, but I do love the beautiful butterfly collars they created.






Last but not least, my beautiful friend Lilly (Pink Like Me) made the life-changing move from America to Melbourne not too long ago. It takes a lot of guts to do that, which inspires me to really go for my dreams. Here I am, along with Siera (Be Good Siera-Butt) picking her up at the airport dressed as Grell and Madam Red like the good cosplay dorks we are |D

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Gorgeous first post, I'm really looking forward to seeing what your brain comes up with :3

    ~ Ate

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Dior piece is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time. Wow. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete