-->

Monday, November 14, 2011

Why I don't take photos

Bonus post! My last post showcased wonderful photography courtesy of my dear friend Elias Lopez, whom I have had the pleasure of working with for a few years now. I am lucky enough to know and work with a team of photographers, each with their own particular talents and style.

Elias has an amazing way of processing colours to richly reflect their appearance which is crucial when taking fashion photographs. This is why I chose him for my Visual Communication assignment, which required us to have our garments photographed and processed for high quality print.

As for me, I am absolutely rubbish with a camera and I am not ashamed to admit it! In fact, let me prove it to you all- this is precisely why I leave photography to photographers!

For fashion last term we had to take very simple photographs of our garments- not modelled on a person, but a mannequin. This led to a crazy regretful idea to borrow a Canon DSLR from the photography faculty and a crash course from a very indulgent, patient tutor whose lesson I forgot by the time I went into the studio and attempted to set it up.


 


I hope you've enjoyed this very humorous post which should, no doubt, prove why I leave this to my trusty team of photographers!

No comments:

Post a Comment